PhyllisLight

Book Professor

Children of the Fog

Children of the Fog - Cheryl Kaye Tardif What were the main themes of the book? Parenting, friendship, marriage and adultery. I think what I liked most about this book was the way the author used real situations and real people to tell a fiction story. The way each character is described, they are more like people from down the road or a friend who sits and pours out her heart to you.
Describe 2 different settings or locations. When Sadie and Leah are picking a birthday present for Sam and then go on to talk about where to go for coffee. This is exactly what any two female friends will do and was a suitable introduction for the book to pull the reader in. When Sadie finds out about one of the women Philip slept with. This was a slap in the face. I was expecting it to be anyone else, but the truth even had me reeling.
Were you able to connect with the main character and why? Most definitely. Sadie and Leah were both central characters to the story and they are both easy to connect with because they represent different sides of a single story. You have Sadie, who has a picture perfect life on the outside but her life is crumbling on the inside and then there's Leah who (in some ways predictably) is part of Sadie's crumble and also the glue that holds Sadie together.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.