PhyllisLight

Book Professor

The Guilty

The Guilty - Gabriel Boutros What are some of the book's themes? Guilt and courtroom dealings. Robert has previously defended a rapist who was set free. This man has now raped his daughter's best friend and he now has to wrestle with his conscience. Claire is painted in the ugliest of lights and Robert has to deal with the negativity that comes with his job.
Did the book end the way you expected? In many ways, yes. This book has many good moments but it is also predictable. It doesn't bore you with legal technicalities but it describes everything and every scene in a detailed manner that some readers may mistake as dragging but once you get through these sections, you'll become immersed in a courtroom drama that is much like Grisham's earlier books.
Top 3 things I liked about the whole book. It was easy to connect with the main character. I liked that the book focused on the weaker side of him. It makes him an unlikely hero and offers readers a sense of reality. Second, I can only assume that the author based some of the incidences on real life experiences because of how strong they felt. The intensity of the story captured me right from the beginning.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.