PhyllisLight

Book Professor

ARIA: Left Luggage

ARIA: Left Luggage - Geoff Nelder What were the main themes of the book? Widespread amnesia, violence and end of the world situations like starvation and looting. Some elements of the book were almost like The Invasion with Nicole Kidman. This strange virus (ARIA) threatens the human race and the memories of our past as we know it. In a world that depends so much on online activities and 'cloud' storage, imagine one day if all this were wiped out. This book held my attention from the first page although some sections were a little hard to connect because of the technicality involved.
Describe 2 different settings or locations. When Ryder opens Derek's emails and he realises that his boss isn't quite who he is supposed to be. This was my second favourite scene - when Ryder, Derek and Teresa are talking about the virus. It was hard to pick a favourite because each scene offers detailed backdrops and gripping suspense. Will the situation be resolved? Will the aliens offer a remedy?
Were you able to connect with the main character and why? Most definitely, if I were in his shoes, I would feel the same way he did. I'm surprised he did not feel more despair but then again, that's why he's the hero. In a story that was more focused on it's plot, each character was well-developed and believable. Even the action scenes were not exaggerated and were able to capture my attention without the usual unrealistical 'Hollywood' effects that some books have started using.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.