PhyllisLight

Book Professor

Amidst Traffic

Amidst Traffic - Matthew Kovalcik (Photographer) What I liked. The message the author left to readers. I am sure so many people will never figure this out and I could be wrong. But I took the book as showing readers how much useless stuff we have cluttering up our life. The things we collect whether it is body art or trinkets. Are they there for a purpose or just cluttering up our life and we try to justify them in a way that we cannot life our lives without them?

Cover. The cover really drew me in. A person walking in traffic. We as humans are always so busy with other things in life that we forget the little things that make life important. The laughter of a child, the older person down the road that needs assistance, the waitress trying to leave an abusive relationship. How much useless traffic is trying to run your life?

What did you think of the ending? Not fond of the open ending left by the author. Several of the stories came together, but several other stories left the reader with the “huh” feeling after reading.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.