PhyllisLight

Book Professor

Almost a Senior

Almost a Senior - Brenda Faye Collie Formatting / Appearance. I not sure I understand the formatting of this book. We were given a pdf file for review purposes and while this said the book was 220 pages long, the text was clumped together in the middle of book which looked poems. It was strange reading a full story like this and I am not sure if this was intentional or something had gone wrong.
If you were to talk with the author, what would you want to know? How much of the book had she experienced in her own life? Loresha's teenager years are no different than most. She has to deal with studies, friends and of course, her first love. How she combines all of these and the lessons she learns makes for a very interesting read.
If you could rewrite the ending, would you? The ending was perfect the way it was. The reader sees Loresha grow from page one to the end. She overcomes problems at school and she is filled with hope about a better life and a higher education. This would be an excellent book to use in schools.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.